WWCP is one of seven strategic partnerships across Wales which oversee delivery of the Sustainable Social Services agenda and ensure that statutory requirements of the Social Services and Wellbeing (Wales) Act 2014 are met.
The WWCP has links with other collaborations in West Wales, such as:
- Mid and West Wales Adoption Service
- Regional Safeguarding Boards for adults and children
- Substance Misuse Area Planning Board
- Public Service Boards in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire
- Supporting People Regional Committee
The partnership is supported by a Regional Collaboration Unit, hosted by Carmarthenshire County Council.
Funding for the Partnership is provided primarily through a Regional Partnership Fund (RPF), to which partner agencies contribute, and Welsh Government’s Integrated Care Fund (ICF).
Regional Collaboration Unit staff and their contact details are provided below:
Martyn Palfreman, Head of Regional Collaboration MJPalfreman@carmarthenshire.gov.uk
Kim Neyland, Regional Programme and Change Manager Co-ordination
Kevin Pett, Programme and Change Manager KPett@carmarthenshire.gov.uk
Rebecca A. Jones, Regional Workforce Programme Manager email@example.com
Jessica Svetz, Head of Integrated Transformation Pembrokeshire firstname.lastname@example.org
Ann Alderman, Integrated Care Fund (ICF) Project Manager email@example.com
Michael McClymont, Business Support and Finance Officer mmcclymont@Carmarthenshire.gov.uk
Jessica A Rees, Administrative Officer JessicaARees@carmarthenshire.gov.uk
- Ensure partners work effectively to improve outcomes for people in their area.
- Respond to the population needs assessment required under Section 14 of the Act
- Implement the plans for each of the local authority areas
- Ensure the partnership bodies provide sufficient resources the partnership
- Promote the integration of services and establishment of pooled funds where appropriate.